MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day One: Little God's Way

Meet Little God’s Way. Little God’s Way was rescued from Lake Volta a couple of months before we went to pick him up. Both him and his older brother, Gideon, were sold into the slavery on the lake by their mother. God’s Way is the youngest boy living at The Fathers House, however that doesn’t stop him from being the loudest and most energetic of the bunch! In the picture, along with that precious little smile of his, he is wearing a girls flannel pajama shirt, though that might seem a little peculiar for little boy to be wearing girls winter pajamas in Ghana where it is always hot. When God’s Way came out with that on, no one even thought twice about it because thats who he is- a little nutty and peculiar. I think I carried him around like a baby doll half the time, and the other half he was trying to make me or someone else crack up-- usually he was successful. The first night the boys stayed at The Fathers House, I helped him put his sheets on his bed. After we cuddle up together in his bed and just smacked our hands together playing a game, which he told me he won. I think it was then I realized I was a goner. Him and seven other little boys had completely stolen my heart, and there was no way I was going to be able to go back home, and not leave my heart in Ghana. 

-Madi 

3 comments: