MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Sunday, February 13, 2011

All the Impossible God's Done...


So in my prayers over the past couple of months, I must have brought up Ghana Rock and The Father's House and the boys hundreds of times.  In addition to praying for Gideon, God's Way, Ame, Evans, Julius, Clement, Francis, and Little God's Way, I have also been dwelling a lot on the little ones who couldn't be rescued and brought to the Father's House - the children who are still laboring day in and day out on Lake Volta and regarded merely as property. 
I know that each one of these children is precious to God... and I know that the LORD gives justice to the oppressed (Psalm 103:6). But sometimes it is easy to see the issue of child slavery as a whole and be overwhelmed.  At one point I caught myself questioning, "Is slavery ever going to really end??  How are we going to put a stop to this?  Will every child eventually be rescued?"  Definitely a troubling thought.  I almost began thinking that it was unrealistic to pray that every one would be saved.  But a little later I picked up my Bible and saw the words spoken by Jesus in Matthew 19:26:
"Humanly speaking, it is impossible.  But with God, nothing is impossible."
God answered my questions with this simple statement,"'Of course nothing is impossible for Me.  Of course every slave can be rescued and of course everyone can experience My love which I've chosen to reveal."  Now my doubt suddenly seemed ridiculous.  How could I forget about all the "impossible" God's done for me??  When I was utterly helpless to save myself from certain death and an eternity in hell, He stooped from heaven and came in human form to save me.  He lived His life in perfect righteousness, resisting temptation from the devil directly.  He died a criminal's death, taking all of my sins with Him.  He defeated death itself, returning from hell in victory.  He gave me something that I could never deserve - the opportunity to worship Him without guilt or shame, to be declared righteous and to live with Him and for Him forever.   
 So here is what I ask of anyone reading this blog right now: Join me in praying for these kids.  Let's expand our vision outside of human capabilities.  I believe that God's intention is for us to fully trust Him.  No matter how big the issue of child slavery is, let's remember how small it must look from God's perspective.  Not to say that He doesn't feel the pain of every splintered hand and broken heart, or that He doesn't understand what it's like to be hopeless or helpless or abandoned or fearful or persecuted or desperate or alone.  God cares.  Oh yes, He cares.  All I'm saying is for Him to put an end to all the slavery in the world would be nothing.  For every longing soul to find rest in Him at last would be something.  He will do whatever it takes to achieve that.  So people let's believe dangerously in our God!!!!  Let's be ready to stake our lives in His faithfulness!  Because He is always faithful.  He always steps in.  He always comes through for us. If only we would rely on Him...
Love in Christ,
Katie Hensel <3  
To Him be all the glory, both now and forever, Amen! (2 Peter 3:18)

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, profound challenge... Thank you for challenging us to remember that God is far bigger than the box we usually put Him in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written - love seeing God through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 100% agree with Amanda - beautifully and thoughtfully written. Thank you for your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, God is moving in the hearts of the 8 boys we already rescued to do the impossible. ALL of them have told Jake and Chanda that they want to go back to the lake and get more boys and bring them to live at the Father's House! Awesome post!! Love your heart for God's children and your faith that He WILL do the impossible! Thanks for being a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie
    I'll be praying for you, your ministry and your boys. Whenever you are ready to do a give away to raise money, I still have tutus for you.

    Here is a blog of 3 young women who have a ministry for orphans also and they do give aways to raise money.
    http://tolovetheunlovedblog.blogspot.com/

    Take care
    blessings
    Suzanne
    onelessorphan@yahoo.com
    onelessbrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete