MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day Five: Julius

What’s a word for cute, adorable, precious, and unbelievably hilarious? I’m pretty sure there isn’t one, if there was it’d be used to describe Julius. This kid took forever to come around and actually want to play with me. I tried so hard to make him laugh, and he just wouldn’t have it. Then, one day it just switched. We were all sitting on the ground, coloring when Julius came up to me. He sat down and pointed to his toe, Julius doesn’t speak much english so I found Dotsey to talk to him and figure out what was wrong. Turns out that Julius had a shard of glass in his big toe. It had been in his foot for so long that several layers of skin had grown over it. This kid had worked 15 hour days on Lake Volta for his master with a piece of glass in his foot. I honestly have no idea how. After we had gotten him all fixed up, him and I were best friends. When Julius laughs, is just about the funniest thing you’ll ever hear in your life. I would chase him all around The Fathers House and make him laugh just so I could hear it. This kid was precious. 

-Madi

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT smile... love truly does break down walls in the heart!

    ReplyDelete