MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day Eight: God's Way






      Meet God’s Way, he was the last boy we rescued. When we found him, he was working on a boat... with a big huge smile on his face. Weird? I thought so too, until I got to know God’s Way. This kid has the most contagious smile you will ever see, and he almost never stops smiling. On the ride home from the lake, he fell asleep... smiling. I can’t even think of a moment when he wasn’t.
God’s Way doesn’t want to miss out on anything. Ever. It would take him hours to take a shower at night. He couldn’t just take a shower. He would go get his towel, then come outside and make sure he didn’t miss anything. Then he would go get his bucket with his soap in it, and come back outside to make sure he didn’t miss anything. One day he even came out with a soapy body and a towel tied around his waist because he heard everyone laughing in the court yard. He had to come check it out and see what was happening.  When all the boys would be taking showers, or inside just hanging out after a long day of playing, God’s Way would be outside in the court yard playing football (soccer) by himself... then he started recruiting me. This poor kid probably spent a good hour trying to teach me how to play. I think about once or twice I actually stole the ball away from him, he just stopped and said, “WOW!” and grinned at me with that gorgeous smile. At least he was impressed with my soccer skills unlike some of the other boys (cough, cough, Francis). God’s Way can make any situation fun, he is what the bible talks about when its days to have faith like a child. He believes in God, and he believes God is going to take care of him. Before bed one night, God’s Ways prayer was “And Jesus, if there are any demons... just whoop ‘em!” So perfect, and simply put. To have faith like a child, right? 
-Madi 
EDIT: I forgot to mention, I introduced our eight boys in the order we rescued them. We started with a God’s Way and ended with a God’s Way. Coincidence? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. Well-written, as always! And did I mention?...I LOVE him! :)

    ReplyDelete