MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Sunday, May 22, 2011

This changes everything!

I'm hurt.
I'm hurt because of what people have said.
What they didn't say.
What they have implied.
Because far too often, Satan takes the best of us and we can't see past our hurt.

This past week, I was hurting. I still am hurting. But you see, I can't keep up my new found pessimistic ways. It's weighing me down. It's a chain of sorts. Until tonight, I thought my HURT was my chain. My hurt, is simply my unwillingness to forgive. Unforgiveness is my chain, and I am beyond ready to be set free.

I have to forgive what people have said.
What they didn't say.
And what they implied.

Jesus didn't die and reconcile my sins, for me to live in freedom and judge everything anyone has done to me. He died to reconcile ME so I can reconcile others. It's even in the lords prayer; "forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors..."

I'm going inhale and exhale, and I'm going to move on. My thoughts are so jumbled on what was bad in the past, I can't take a minute to think about what we accomplished last week. I must say, it was pretty darn amazing.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about how I handled things. There is only one opinion that matters, one voice. If I can just listen to what Jesus says, and forget what others say, life will be unbelievably different.

Ghana Rock was awesome. God could have used anyone to do it, but I had the privilege to be used. I had the privilege to spend my junior year doing something meaningful, and learning a lot about myself in the meantime. I got to help save eight lives. That is some crazy stuff!

I'm not going to look back on this process and regret anything. If anyone looks down on any decision I made, they are welcome to, because in the end it is enough for me to know I answered Gods call that I could have easily ignored.

That changes everything.

Thank you for praying for the team, for me. I'm so glad I went on the journey with everyone who joined me. I am one blessed girl.

Here is to a God who continues to teach us every single day,
Mads

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Thank you :)
    -Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is teaching you so much, I'm sorry it has to hurt, but what an incredibly beautiful young woman He is growing you into! You are so wise to understand that it really is about forgiveness and I pray that you can keep your eyes on Jesus and your ears attuned to His "Well done precious child." As I said before, I know that He still has to be smiling on you...

    Hugs,
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete