MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

...about my trip...

Everyone has been asking me when I am going to write about my trip to Ghana. Then I think, how do I put ten days worth of stories, life changing stories, into a tiny little blog post? The answer I’ve come up with, I can’t. How do I explain the story of redemption I got to be part of? I got to see EIGHT lives changed dramatically. I have been working so hard to help The Father’s House rescue these boys by planning Ghana Rock. I have done hours of research and looked at hundreds of pictures of the child slaves on Lake Volta. I’ve read statistics and prayed for these boys for months, just to see and try and understand what I was supporting. But, I was missing it. THESE KIDS ARE SLAVES. I didn’t understand completely until I was sitting in a village talking to the chief watching him pull out a notebook with names in it. Then I realized, that was inventory. These boys were property. No different than a dog or a goat. How do you even wrap your head around that?! How can I explain the pain and fear on these kids faces? or the joy they had when we tucked them into bed the very first night at The Fathers House? 
I. Can’t. 
I can say, that I am forever changed
Starting tomorrow is the eight days of Ghana. It’s kind of like the twelve days of Christmas, but better. I’m going to introduce the boys we rescued one-by-one. For now, here is a picture of the boys :) 

Starting at the left: Gideon, Evans, Ame', Julius, Little God's Way, Francis, God's Way, Clement. and they are perfect. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Ooppss.. Sorry, my first comment made no sense so I deleted it to start over...)

    I'm so glad you're going to introduce us to the children! I can't wait to meet them through your eyes and heart... And I'm excited to see God's amazing plan of redemption in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Madi - and awesome idea to introduce the boys! :) Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete