MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Smiling upon the Future

So, Ghana Rock is over. It was a huge success. It was bigger than I could have ever imagined. Dreamed. Wanted. You see, that's what is so amazing about God. He took me, a disorganized sixteen year old, on what will most definitely be the biggest adventure of my high school career.

This time last May I would have never thought that within a years time, I would go to Africa.  Or learn what a DI box is, or how to sign a contract with a band. I would have never thought that I would have seen eight lives changed so drastically. See eight lives be saved, by Christ and from the evils of this world. And to top it off, I would have never, ever, ever have thought that I would witness God not just show up, but take control of a building, and a concert to bring Him praise. Incredible.

Though, I should be spending this week jumping up and down in His grace, in His victory... Instead, I am moping. Somehow Satan has managed to take God's victory and the joy that I should be feeling and turned it into an internal battle of discouragement. It. Sucks.

God is bigger than this. He is bigger than anything I am feeling and I know through Him I can get through this. Being young and planning this has never really seemed hard. Being young and being sucker punched in the gut by Satan seems extremely hard.

So, pray for me. I would very much appreciate it.

"strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles upon the future." proverbs 31:25

-Mads 

4 comments:

  1. Satan is the BIGGEST *joy-sucker* EVER!
    Just remember. . .Satan absolutely resents when people answer God's calling. You did an a-m-a-z-i-n-g thing that I know puts a HUGE grin on God's face. Don't let the evil spirit tear you down. . .spiritual warfare sucks. I'll definitely be praying! <3

    ~Love,
    Morgan Windley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... One of us older ones should have warned you, the enemy loves nothing more than to take that angry paw and swipe us off the mountain top after one of God's great victories... I've been to the mountain top too many times and then been an easy prey to the valley... Keep your eyes on Him, He did GREAT and MIGHTY things through you and the Ghana Rock team... Don't let the enemy steal the gift God has given you! I have no doubt God is still smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, a thief nevers goes creepin around an empty house!!! You have something he wants to steal. oh, Madi...Sharla is right. Someone should have thought to warn you, see the devil doesn't have any new tricks, he just keeps using the same old tired methods. And this one is as old as sin. Now, when this happens to me...I put on praise and worship music wherever I am, my house, my car, in my head if I can't actually play it. The Lord inhabits the praises of his people. The quickest way for me to feel and experience God's presence and joy is by singing loud for all to hear! Lock up your valuables with praise!! You and the team did an amazing thing and I am so proud of you. You've also done the right thing here, by laying down your pride and admitting this is happening. (i'm sure you thought twice about it) Bringing this out into the light is where God is work. We can pray for you and I am praying... we rebuke the enemy, he has no right to be here and we command him by the power of the blood of Jesus to leave! God, I pray that you flood Madi's heart with the joy and peace. I pray Jehovah Shalom to fill her mind, heart and spirit. I ask you God to speak to her heart and spirit louder than the voices of the enemy. I praise you God for what you have done and we turn our eyes towards you and your great works, you are a wonderful and mighty God. We love you so much, Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting, Madi. Praying for you now!!

    ReplyDelete