MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Friday, November 30, 2012

Our God.

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.” -Revelation 4:9-11 (NIV)

So, as you most likely observed from reading the big bold letter directly above this sentence, I’ve been reading through Revelation. Besides the descriptions of things that I can’t even comprehend, like creatures with far too many appendages, what I’ve noticed the most is how often the book keeps coming back to simply proclaiming the glory of God. I think God has been using this book to simply show me how wrong I can be about him. Too often, I live with only a head knowledge of how great the God we serve is. I define God by what I think, and I make him far too small.

5 Then the angel I had seen standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven. 6 And he swore by him who lives for ever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, and the sea and all that is in it, and said, “There will be no more delay! -Revelation 10:5-6 (NIV) ((emphasis added by Sam))

This is the God we serve: the God that lives forever, the God who created the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them. We, as a team, have been praying and thinking over what we want the goal of Ghana Rock 2013 to be. These passages have really been a great reminder to me that no matter what we decide, our God is big enough to do it. Ok, maybe more than a reminder. A rebuke. Yahweh is he who was and who is and who is to come. And my picture of him is often flawed, but HE is worthy to receive glory and honor and power. So my prayer is that we as a team (and especially me) will keep that in mind as we go about attempting to plan this concert.

Excuse my ramblings,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment