MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Saturday, February 18, 2012

God's Abundant Grace.

      Grace. An undeserved gift. What did we ever do to deserve the grace of Christ? Nothing. The thing is, it is all we need to be saved. No amount of good works can purify a mans sins in God's eyes. In 2 Corinthians 12:9-, Paul writes, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." I was spending time reading the word this week and stumbled upon this verse. It took my breath away. God uses weakness to showcase his abundant grace in our lives. 
       Lately the Ghana Rock team has been plagued by hardships in the way of funding. Were we not working hard enough to get our name out? Were we not making connections with the community well enough? No. It has nothing to do with that. We were thinking too much about what we had to do, rather than what God can do. This is our weakness. Through this weakness, God showcased his abundant grace by giving us blessings. Completely undeserved. 
       The whole idea behind the Ghana Rock organization is grace. If our Lord and Savior came and died for us, then the least we could do is show some compassion and grace in others lives, whether it be saving child slaves in Africa or helping a friend. No act of grace is too small to go unnoticed. 

“Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

Go forth and spread the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

-John Dockery



1 comment: