MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I will not worry or fret.


It hit me today, we have two thousand tickets to sell.  Two thousand. That is a lot of tickets, and that is a lot of people. I only have like 400 facebook friends, even if every single one of them came, it wouldn't be a tiny bit close to enough. Then I think... uh oh... what did I get myself into?

When we took the eight boys to The Fathers House for the first time, we turned a corner and saw the bright  outdoor lights of the house. The boys didn't even blink before they starting running sprinting toward the beautiful home. They ran because they knew what they were running to was better, and safe. They had been through something I will never have to go through, giving them every reason not to trust us. To be introverted and quiet. Yet, they still ran toward the house. They knew it would be better and safer then what they had before.

I know I serve an amazing God. I know that He has saved me. He has changed me. I know His promises, and how amazing He is, but I don't run. Why is it, that these boys, who had no idea what they were running to could run so freely and passionately? I sit here, and I KNOW who God is and what God had done for me and I'm worrying about tickets.

Silly.

I'm going to work non-stop to sell these tickets, you can be sure of that. I'm also going to trust that God is going to be there every step of the way. He isn't making me do this on my own and if I'm not going to attempt to try.


"So I will not worry or fret



My God is the God who will never forget
All of His goodness and all of His promises
He's holding my world in His hands" 
- Kristian Stanfill (Holding My World) 


-Madi 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this Madi.... every single one will be sold God willing. we just need to keep praying!!

    ReplyDelete