MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

i refuse.

So, designing a website has been a much more difficult task than I had originally thought it would be when I told Madi that I would take care of it. Sad thing is, the only part that I have to do is make it look the way we want it to... my father, the expert of web design, is the one stuck with the hard part of putting everything together and getting it put out there. So after about 16 hours straight of messing around on Photoshop with my dad, we finally have.... a header. That's it. But stay tuned! We're working as hard as we can to get this thing going as soon as possible! (:
As much as I wish that I could say that this blog is all about how the new website is up and running and looking good... its not. (Although, hopefully that one will be coming soon! ha) Instead, this blog is about how being a part of GhanaRock is changing ME.
Over the last few months that we've been planning this concert, I've become more and more aware that, in fact, the world DOES NOT revolve around me. (Turns out my mom has been right all along.) I've realized lately, how stuck on myself I have been when there are children all across the world who are being exploited and taken advantage of. Yet here I am - fully clothed and sittng in a warm house - stressing out about my own problems that are just tiny mole hills in comparison to the mountains of problems these innocent children are faced with daily. It's not something we neccessarily like to think about, but pushing it to the back corners of our minds doesn't make it any less true. Planning this concert has really opened my eyes to all the people who are hurting all around me, and it's also made me realize that there IS something that I can do about it. I've been so richly blessed and it's about time that I start doing something to be a blessing to others who don't have it as good as I do. 
In the words of Josh Wilson, "I could chose not to move, but I refuse." I could choose to sit back and watch people suffer, and thank God that its not me... but I refuse to not do anything.
-Kayla Hoffman

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Matthew 25: 37-40

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I can't begin to express what a blessing it is watching God work in and through all of you... Thank you for sharing your great adventure...

    Blessings,
    Sharla Miller

    ReplyDelete