MAY 18th at Northside Baptist Church

Thursday, November 11, 2010

...the story behind it.

Planning a concert can’t be that difficult, right? Maybe it is when it’s your concert, but when it’s God’s concert crazy things happen. The Fathers House International caught my attention. The story behind it, of God just providing everything captivated me. It made me see God in a much bigger way than I have ever before.

I sat in the kitchen one day, eating my lunch when, “I want to plan a concert, raise lots of money, and save kids in Ghana,” came out of my mouth. I had toyed with the idea a little. I knew that I knew the right people, people that could help me actually pull it off. I never thought about it realistically though. To my surprise, my dad had thought the very same way. He thought about a concert, and he wanted to save Ghanaian children too. Who knew?

You see, The Father’s House built an orphanage where God told them to build it, they were GIVEN (which, means free! ... I don’t want you to miss that part!) the land, and started construction knowing that there were no orphans in the village. The Father’s House is located in a village outside of Keta, Ghana. Though the village is poor, it is custom that the extended family cares for the orphans and abandoned children, even if it is just a place where they can lie their heads down at night. If it were me, I hope I would have been as faithful. Faithful enough to know God had a bigger plan in store for this orphanage.

During construction and the period of time where they had no orphans, The Father’s House began a weekly feeding and Bible lesson. This feeding has the average of 300 people attend every week. In this predominantly voodoo area, they are taught about our God’s love. That He loves them, and knows them each by name. In late 2009 The Father’s House discovered how horrible child slavery was on a lake the size of Rhode Island. It became clear, they were going to rescue these children. The Father’s House found their orphans God had so clearly picked out for them.

My vision, it isn’t about money, though I’m not opposed to saving these kids’ lives. But my vision its about the glory of God. His story, which He has let me be part of. It would be a whole lot easier to sit back and just pray. To pray for The Father’s House. But honestly, for me, that would be a cop-out. I can do so much more than pray. I can be getting the world to be praying with me. Planning a concert focused on that... that is my vision.

For more information about The Father's House check out their website: www.Fathershouseghana.com

With all the glory to God,
Madi Vincent

2 comments:

  1. Madi! I love your post!! It is a blessing to know you... You are an inspiration! I can't wait to keep watching what God will do in and through you on this journey... If I can help you in any way, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Madi! All I can say is GO God! Keep your eyes on Jesus... and keep asking Him...much love to you girl! Keep on Keeping on!!

    ReplyDelete